Three Rivers District Health Department works closely with your Local Board of Education to have a Three Rivers Satellite Clinic in your child’s school to provide preventive health services.
These services may detect minor problems before they become serious. Detecting these problems early is an effective way to improve quality of life and reduce health care costs, while keeping your child in school!
Highly trained medical professionals provide children’s health care services in your schools. The nursing staff adheres to guidelines set forth by the Department of Public Health’s Public Health Practice Reference ensuring your child’s care is provided at the highest possible professional standard. Such as:
- Complete physical exams by a registered nurse, which may include basic lab tests as necessary (separate consent will be sent home for physicals)
- Hearing and vision screenings as needed.
- Scoliosis screenings for eighth graders.
- Daily medication administration with doctors order
- Immunizations and TB skin test (parental consent for immunizations needed prior to giving).
Parents must complete a consent form each year and return it to the school nurse before any services can be administered.
Consent Form Part A & Consent Form Part B