Three Rivers District Health Department

  1 (502) 484-3412

Environmental Health Inspections

health department health department health department

Environmental Health Specialists...

...are responsible for a number of mandated inspection programs for food services establishments and public facilities in addition to general community sanitation and onsite sewage disposal systems

Environmental Health staff strives for disease prevention through routine inspections and permitting as well as investigating complaints and community concerns. Investigations of public health nuisances such as illegal garbage disposal, failing septic systems and vector harborage areas are also conducted on a regular basis by staff.

Food manufacturing inspections are done on bakeries, bottling plants, distilleries, food manufacturing plants, food storage warehouses, grain storage elevators and vending machines. Examples of facilities inspected are below. Additionally, a link to the regulations of requirements for these facilities is available.

Pool School

health department   health department health department 

As part of the ongoing effort to “Educate and Empower with Every Encounter”, Three Rivers District Board of Health passed a mandatory Swimming Pool Operator training requirement in our service area. The goal of the training is to better prepare operators for chemical and safety issues that can quickly arise in public swimming facilities and to prevent water borne illnesses. The cost of the class will be $30 per person and the training certificate will last 2 years. All swimming pools within Three Rivers ' service area will be required to have at least one trained individual on staff.

For information about Swimming Pool Operator Training Course offerings, contact Justin Pittman at 502-484-3412

Temporary Food

health department health department  health department 

Temporary Food Service Guidelines
Temporary Food Permit Application

Temporary Food permit costs (as of Jan 1, 2016):

1-3 days = $50

4-7 days = $75

8-14 days = $100

To obtain a permit, complete the temporary food application and contact your local health center or 502-484-3412. Please include a menu list of items to be served.

Bake Sales

health department health department  health department

Wanting to have a Bake Sale for a non-profit group fundraiser? 
Click here for the guidelines and application.

American Public Health Association Center For Disease Control UK College of Public Health Kentucky Public Health Association Kentucky Health Department Association
Our Locations:   Mon 8:00-4:30 | Tue 8:00-6:30 | Wed 8:00-4:30 | Thur 8:00-4:30 | Fri 8:00-1:30

Administrative Office
510 South Main Street
Owenton, KY 40359
(502) 484-3412
(502) 484-0864 | Fax
Carroll County
401 11th Street
Carrollton, KY 41008
(502) 732-6641
(502) 732-8681 | Fax
Gallatin County
102 West Pearl Street
Warsaw, KY 41095
(859) 567-2844
(859) 567-2845 | Fax
Owen County
1005 Highway 22 East
Owenton, KY 40359
(502) 484-5736
(502) 484-5737 | Fax 
Pendleton County
329 Highway 330 West
Falmouth, KY 41040
(859) 654-6985
(859) 654-6986 | Fax 

Copyright © 2020. Three Rivers District Health Department. All Rights Reserved.             Privacy Practices | Prácticas de privacidad