WHAT IS THE HANDS PROGRAM?
The Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS) program is a voluntary home visitation program for new and expectant parents.
WHO can participate in HANDS? First-time moms and/or dads residing in Kentucky.
WHEN do HANDS services begin? Services can begin during pregnancy or anytime before a child is 3 months old.
WHY participate in HANDS? Parents are the most important people in a baby’s life. Parents are the first and most important teachers a child will ever have. And, parenting is a very demanding job, and all parents have questions and stress.
The HANDS program at Three Rivers District Health Department encompasses Carroll, Gallatin, Owen and Pendleton counties. Our dedicated staff strongly believes in the HANDS Vision,
“Every child is wanted and cared for in a stimulating and nurturing environment”.
WHAT CAN PARENTS EXPECT?
If you would like to learn more about the HANDS Program, click here or
- Support throughout the pregnancy and the early years of their baby’s life.
- Ways to make their homes safer for babies and children.
- Information on how to care for your baby.
- Information on growth and development.
- Activities that babies and parents can enjoy together that stimulate the child’s brain development.
- Access to community services.
contact us at 502-484-3412.